Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Model Fifteen

  1. #1
    Inactive Member grahamd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2008
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi.
    I'm new here.
    I have a pair of Model Fifteens, but I don't know much about them.
    I appreciate any information that anyone might have. In particular, does anyone have a wiring diagram of the crossover network, and how it is interconnected to the drivers.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All the blacks are common so it doesn't matter which goes to where. The red goes to the horn driver and the green goes to the woofer.
    The white goes to the input connections.

    Gary

  3. #3
    Inactive Member grahamd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2008
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks!!

    Graham

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're welcome. forums

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They sure should not sound muddy as long as all is well inside.

    20

    19

    Lots of things can cause some problems so let us know and we will steer you straight.

    Gary

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    If they haven't been used in a long time . It would be wise to play them for long periods and play with the knobs until you reach max DB output with mids and highs. The attenuators could be dirty. If you have a sine wave signal on your computer hook it up to your amp and try all the frequencies.

    From there you should be able to see what is goin on.

    ............................

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Model Fifteen


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    If they were working before, it won't be wiring.

    Saying the HF controls don't have much effect makes me think you may have a bad diaphragm. First thing I would do is check the continuity on the frams.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member grahamd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2008
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the reply. I'm going to take my speakers apart this weekend and see if they are wired ok.

    The speakers seem to be 'muddy' in the midrange, and the crossover controls don't have a lot of effect, to my aging ears.

    I know the room they are in is too small, but it is what I have to work with. I remember them sounding really really nice outside around the pool. I don't have that house anymore, and there is snow on the ground here, so I can't take them outside to retry that experiment. I am feeding them with a Luxman receiver (don't remember the model #), with a transcriptor turntable.

    If anyone has a spec sheet for this model, I would appreciate seeing it. I've had these speakers for many years (I bought them used), but I really don't know much about them.

    Thanks,
    Graham

  9. #9
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  10. #10
    Inactive Member grahamd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2008
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Gang,

    Success!

    I took the crossover board(s) out, and played with the attenuators (T-Pads). They were having absolutely no effect. A few shots of contact cleaner got them functional again. I'm going to replace all four of them, but parts are hard to find on Good Friday, so this will have to do until I track something down.

    I'm glad the problem wasn't anything more significant. I wish I hadn't let it go for so long.

    Another question.... does anyone know what these speakers cost new?, and what are they worth now?

    Thanks again,

    Cheers,
    Graham

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.